No, not that kind of quickie, you sickos! Anyway, I'm so tired, and I really don't have serious energy for a real post, but I do have a couple quick points:
- I saw my neurologist yesterday and he agreed that I should probably raise my dose of Topamax, but doesn't want to maximize the dosage while I'm pregnant, so he's letting me go up another 25mg/day, which isn't much, but I'm hoping it will help. I'm down from 5-6 migraines a week to 4-5 per week, so if I could get to 3-4, that would be lovely, because they really are disabling at this point, since codeine isn't helping all that much, and my alternate pain relief options are limited.
- I can't tell if I'm having any real side effects from it because side effects often include, e.g., changes in appetite, nausea, fuzzy headedness, lack of ability to concentrate, fatigue... which are all things I'm plagued with anyway given the whole triplet thing
- I can't sleep anymore, which is really aggravating because I'm unbelievably exhausted. That being said, I do so love my Snoogle, and highly recommend this ridiculously overpriced pillow should any of you ever find yourselves pregnant with triplets. Frankly, I kind of think I'd love this thing even if I weren't pregnant, though I'm not sure I could have justified the expense had I not been pregnant.
- When I say I can't sleep, I really mean it. I fall asleep the second I hit the pillow, and I stay that way for maybe as much as an hour, and then I'm up and down all night. I feel like a gigantic wimp complaining about this, but I'm so unbelievably exhausted. I'm so sick of hearing that it's good training for when I have babies, because you know... at least once the babies are here, the exhaustion will serve a purpose. I just am so tired. I can barely hold my head up at work anymore. Just. So. Tired.
- Heartburn? Sucks.
- Babies doing the Macarena? Pretty darned cool, but not without its nauseating moments
- J wants to know where and how the babies are coming out. I have no idea what to tell him. Suggestions are welcome. He's not quite 4 years old, so I'd rather not be too graphic, and I'd rather not scare him.
- Anyone know what lightning bugs eat? J wants to know that too, and I know I could google it, but I'm lazy and I'm already here typing in my blog, so it's worth a shot.
- I am still very grateful for how easy this pregnancy has been compared to what it could have been. There are a lot of complications I could have had that I haven't faced, and I've not lost sight of that. I'm uncomfortable. I'm exhausted. I'm in a fair bit of pain. But neither my life nor the lives of the triplets has been in jeopardy to this point. I'm at 21 weeks today, and so far, so good. I view this as an accomplishment.